View Single Post
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

08-06-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
I just don't think it would be fair to take a child away from it's country of birth and raise it within a discriminating and conflicting society like Japan.
And America is not discriminating and conflicting in its own unique ways? If you think being adopted period in America is any kind of cake walk for child, or for that matter, parent, trust me, I have news for you...

As for the beginning clause of that sentence, it's not fair to rescue a child from being unwanted and abandoned and provided for by a parent who genuinely cares about his or her well-being?

Right now my ability to provide for a child is tied to having an established life, my established life is in Japan.

Quote:
As for adopting a Japanese child within Japan as a foreigner, that sounds like you may need to cross two many a bridge for a long time to have the slightest chance of being "successful".
I think it was fairly clear that adoption in Japan simply doesn't happen, and would not to a single parent non-citizen.

Quote:
All in all, you are certainly heading into a big change in life if you are adoption successful and wish you all the best.
Thank you, although at this point it is all just a concept, not even really a plan. However, it is something that I want to do eventually. I want a child, always have, but it my case, I'm in no hurry to get married so I can have kids.