View Single Post
(#253 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 05:20 PM

I agree, I'll try and steer it back on course and be more moderate/tone it down. To sum up, I think that the bomb shouldn't have been dropped because of the loss of innocent life. Still, I understand the views of the guys above that it may have saved even more lives and that it woke up the world to stop their wicked deeds. It's just unfortunate that our lives are in the hands of others. The politicians should have been targetted and not innocent civilians. This is true of current times also. The Shin Bet, for example, should be in there and trying to take out Hamas members, rather than putting people with nothing to do with it in the line of fire. America may have been better hiring some hitmen to take out senior politicians in Japan but different times, different ways. Look at the results in Gaza and also Serbia. People with nothing to do with it having axes being planted through their skulls and being decapitated. It was ghastly.

So, in short, try to minimise the loss of innocent life but look for alternative options.