View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ainotameni (Offline)
New to JF

The Japanese Girl I like is shy around me, please help!. - 08-12-2009, 08:58 PM

Hi, I have a Japanese friend who I really like, I've known her for a year and I want to tell her that I like her. The thing is she seems quite shy around me, otherwise she is talkative with others.

We both like the same type of Music, and she even taught me Japanese during term time at my University.

Sometimes when I speak to her, she is very cheerful and smiles a lot when speaking to me... but there are times where she seems cold, e.g. she doesn't talk as much when I speak to her... by giving simple short answers and only giving a 'polite smile'. I know how to read body language of normal people, but shy girls are difficult to read.

Does she behave like this to mask her feelings for me... or maybe she just doesn't like me at all?. I want to feel most confident when I tell her how much I love her. I'm a very serious person, I haven't had a girlfriend before because I have been waiting for the right person... but I really think she might be the one!.

I get the feeling she looks at me when I am facing away from her, but when I look back, her head is facing down on the floor or another direction.

I'm also shy around her as a reaction to her shyness. We have gone out together with other friends and have 'hugged' as friends when she returned to Japan for the summer holiday... but I'm afraid I might get stuck in the 'just friends' box if I leave it too late.

Also when I speak to her, she doesn't seem too open, she doesn't talk too much about herself... but is this because she is shy?. There are a lot of things that I want to feel sure about before I put myself out there and confess my love for the first time.

please can you tell me what you think?

Thank you!!

ほんとにありがとうございます!!