View Single Post
(#48 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-13-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xneehux View Post
Well atleast im trying to understand it before i go and get it tattoed on me!

I was asking for the symbols anyway not peoples opinions on tattoos.

I also would have " live for today " because again it means something to me so i was just wondering which one of these are accurate , if anyone would like to give me the correct one. Search results for "live for today" x

Alot of people are asking me why im getting japanese. Well i could get it in my own language, I get could get it in hindi and alot of other language. But i dont want SENTENCES on me i want A SYMBOL. if anyone knows any other language that has symbols that mean something then feel free to let me know

And most of the time people get their tattoos in different languages, because if they are personal to them they dont want the whole world to know.
Tattoos are just a part of people who like them, people may think tattoos will show people abit more of their characters. Or just generally like the idea of getting life experienced permanently ink'd on their body. I dont know..
this is where we get into cultural loggerheads. The positive "Live for today" message could be read as a death wish in Japanese if written only using kanji characters. [Please use the term characters. They are not "symbols".]