(#16 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
08-13-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
That could have to do with the history of the USA.

The Japanese most certainly have not had their fair treatment in the USA. Neither have the Chinese. I can't say much for the other Asian backgrounds, but I know for sure that the Japanese and Chinese didn't have such a great life here in the USA.

People of African descent, however...

We've essentially been destroyed. I'm not trying to play the "who was more of a victim?" game. It's just a fact. From Africa, across the Middle Passage, into slavery, and for decades of torture, destruction of culture, and being "coloreds", "negros", and "niggers"... "Nigger" just tends to heave up a hell of a lot more painful history that other ethnic slurs, simply because black people have had more of a painful history than other races.

Besides the Native Americans. They've been screwed, and still are being screwed today.

I think that the Black Power Movement may have made that clear, and so that's usually why - for people who find the word offensive, anyway - people tend to have such a violent reaction.
every race had their fair share of hardship. but it's made USA more diverse and mixed with culture.

my last post about being called gook and calling the offender nigger. i'm trying to say that both should be on the same level, both are racial slurs.

by the way, gook is a vietnamese racial slur not japanese or chinese. it means poop in vietnamese.

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun