Thread: The N-Word
View Single Post
(#26 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-13-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuusuke View Post
being black

I feel thats a terrible word all together, I don't use it, or if it slips out I feel bad. It's really a degrading term. It wasn't used as a term of endearment originally....and now we (black people) take it and use it. and it's everywhere in the media >.>
music N word this and that >.>
And what is really worse as now it's spreads, now hispanics use it (in my town) and it's just not right.
As a black, I don't see the point of it either. I'm pretty much the same. I do feel bad if it "slips out". Anyway, I still don't get how using a word that was meant to degrade can be used as a word of endearment. You don't hear Japanese American's calling themselves "Japs" or Hispanics calling themselves "Spics" or other groups of people using words meant to be degrading.

I just find the entire thing stupid, and even though those of the past used it, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt due to the 'brainwashing' that they endured, but no one should be using it now.