View Single Post
(#263 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-14-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
Huh. No, that's true. Maybe that's something I'm going to start trying out in the USA. Thanks for the idea.

The more I think about it, the more I like it. What's the point in stating, "He's a black American?" or, "He's a Latino American?" or anything like that? With each race comes attached stereotypes. Why risk bringing up those stereotypes, when they can just be called "person" or "American"?
No problem. Some ignorant people think that the US is just a white country and that the American culture comes from whites. Yes, I hate those stereotypes. I know people used those for comedy sometimes, but I think its just plain wrong, because there are idiots who dont get and start messing around with those stereotypes. I just like the quote from Obama, " There is no black america, white america: There is only The United States of America"~ Obama.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

Last edited by Zagato289 : 08-14-2009 at 09:23 PM.