View Single Post
(#295 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

08-15-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
No, I never said that you make racist comments. I said that you suffer from internalized racism - as we all do - and that we all make racist judgments at one time or another. Unless you were raised in a utopia without any media or cultural influence, you inevitably suffer from internalized racism. That's something we agree on. That's all I said.
Again. I don't make racial judgements in any way. I can read people's micro expressions and body language. I don't need racism to tell me what a person is feeling. I judge people, and what they're going to do, by their micro expressions and their body language.

Quote:
I'm sorry that you feel that Zagato is immature. I haven't noticed any immaturity from him. I actually noticed maturity from him. Even while seeing the flamers, he was brave enough to disagree with them and stand by his point.
I beg of you. Stop apologising. It's killing me. The best way to irk me, is to apologise for MY opinions.

No one was flaming. People was giving their opinions. It's a debate.

Quote:
I'm sorry that you think I ignored your main points. Please type them out again for me clearly, maybe even in a list, so I can be sure to know what you want me to address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Thing is, trying to get rid of racism, is not going to work. You have the change people, not the words. If you want to get rid of weeds, you have to pull the roots out.

Let's say the racial slurs are gotten rid of. What then?

Peace?

Nah. People will just make up new ones.

Also, if you get rid of ways to identify a group, how will you explain them to people? You can't.

Or, you'll make up new ones, and then people will just use THOSE VERY ONES and use them as racial terms.

It's futile.

"He's black kid."
"He's a f***ing black person."

"He's Caucasian kid."
"He's a f***ing Caucasian person."

"He's a Nigger."
"He's a f***ing Nigger."

"He's a Turk."
"He's a f***ing Turk."

The last two, I can understand if you want to get rid of them. But the top is fully dependant on how the person says it. Which you keep on failing to understand.
----------

Quote:
Maybe you don't know the history or implications of blackface. It's okay, you don't have to know every little thing about American history. Here's some information if you would like to know what blackface is, though:

The Blackface Stereotype

And some images, so that you can see what blackface is:

http://souljonz.files.wordpress.com/...face_nocap.jpg
http://www.jlcauvin.com/wordpress/wp...ackface-1b.jpg
Maybe you don't know the history or implications of a joke. It's okay, you don't need to know everything about general knowledge. Here's some information if you would like to know what a joke is, though:

Joke Definition | Definition of Joke at Dictionary.com
Witty Definition | Definition of Witty at Dictionary.com

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -