View Single Post
(#150 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-15-2009, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonDragon View Post
alot of people like japan and everything cause it seems more fun than anything else. but you know, i love the japanese culture, maybe because im PART JAPANESE! i sure dont look like it until i smile.. so for people who come up to me in public saying " your not japanese...why do you care? " thats when i say " learn about me and then you'll know, smartass :/ " lol so some people have good reasons others have strange reasons..like hentai...anime..manga..movies..games.... well, i like those too! but some people do kinda have a weird obsession with it..and you know, once you GO to japan, the obsession kind of dies because its just like america in japan, LOTS of people, same old stores and food, different language. thats it.
Lol... it's technically impossible to be "part American" as American is not an ethnicity (unless you are an uber-Conservative that is... but we can dismiss their take on society as it is flawed)

Depending on which how you identify yourself you could be any of the following

Japanese AND American (if you identify with both countries)
part-Japanese/part-*insert your other ethnicity here* American (if you identify mainly with America but consider ethnicity an important part of your identity)

or even just "American" (If you identify with America and ethnicity doesn't really matter to you.)

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 08-15-2009 at 02:31 AM.