(#4 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

08-24-2009, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I trust brand owners, not countries.

Thailand can make some quality things. For example, the Boxing equiptment I buy here is far superior quality than anything in the West. Strong leather, good stitching. I was impressed.

Also, in Thailand, you need a good education to work with motoring or electronics. Workers here are usually very proud of themselves and try to work quite well. I mean, they have to work so hard to get these jobs... they don't want to mess it up once they've got it.

Anyway, Sony may be looking for more profits trying to build it in cheaper countries, but it still has its reputation to consider. If it starts turning out poor quality products, then it's going to lose customers.

As for now, I wouldn't be fussed where it was made too much. I look at the ownership. The location of a factorty is usually based around profits. It's the location of the owner that matters. Making products in China is not so bad, making products in China for a Chinese owner is when the problems start...
Yes, I always thought Thai products, as you say, Leather tiems, starw, ceramics, wood were good..

I think the quality failures are coming from hardware that was once used from Japan, which generally had a protocol of out with the old, and the new as standard, to moving on to products from Thailand, China, etc., that used a cheaper recipe of compounds for the manufacture.

And them I'm thinking that the average Japanese worker is more precise and disciplined related to the culture, where as a Thai factory worker may forego a screw with a feeling of Mai Pen rai..

Manufacturing has defuinitely changed and become cheaper over the years to compete..

Cheers - Oz