View Single Post
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-25-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solemnclockwork View Post
I don't live in Japan, but I would like to chime in on this.

There is no "time period" to convert to Christianity. You also don't have to be in a church, don't need a pastor, or anyone for that matter. You don't have to have a certain clothing, or be a certain character. In being saved (yes that's the christian term for it, as in belief in what Christ did), you free to decide on how you do things, and on how you go to church. A lot of people who are saved (I'm going to use this term as it fits more then convert, you only believe in a set of core beliefs, hence why there are so many denominations). You really are not required to go to church, it's only out of love and faith does one go. In Christianity, which is based on the bible (so you don't have or should not take anyone word for it, unless they can back what they say up with quotes from the bible) the only way into heaven is through Christ, not by following the ten commandments, a set of rules, baptismal, or going to church. These things are only done out of faith, and love for Christ. That leads me to another point, even Christians fall, and "sin" (or be a hypocrite as some will call), the bible clearly states no one can lead a sinless life, and no one can lose there salvation (same as being saved).

English standard bible

1 Corinthians 10:23
"All things are lawful," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful," but not all things build up.

Romans 14:21
It is good not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything that causes your brother to stumble.

Galatians 5:13
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

I post this to explain some things to others who might not know how Christianity works.

This is not about the technicalities of Christianity. Go spout your religious views somewhere else.