View Single Post
(#21 (permalink))
Old
minminRW (Offline)
JF Regular

08-30-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
What are we blaming Australia for? I don't quite understand what you're getting at.
Hunting a wild animal is not wrong provided that the animal is hunted ethically and with regard for the ecosystem. Whale's were close to extinct before and the fear is that hunting whale could make them close to extinct again.
Ethically? What is the very ethical hunting? Please explain it.
I said that breeding animals for food may be more ugly than hunting because they deprive animal's freedom from the birth.

Some kind of whales are increasing enough to be hunted.

Quote:
The IWC ruling on commercial whaling is the very international consensus I was talking about.
Japan have held by IWC ruling. Some people blame excessively.
I do not agree to IWC ruling. I want Japan to leave IWC as well as Canada.
International Whaling Commission have forgotten its identity.

Quote:
Call it what you want. (I'd call it democratic) But that's just the way the world works. The only way Japan could persuade the rest of the international community to reconsider is via a reasoned appeal to convince other IWC members to overturn the ban. Even in Japan, the whaling ban is only controversial to Japanese nationalists and conservatives. This issue is not about the world telling Japan what to do. It's about the world taking a vote and the majority of the international community outlawed whaling on the open seas.
Decision by a majority is no more than a way of achievement for democracy.
Freedom of each country must be maintain unless violate the rights of other countries.
Some kind of whale is not under extinction fear, the right of whaling countries must be esteemed.

Quote:
No because allowing Japan to hunt whale would mean allowing other countries to whale. Furthermore, whatever controls Japan or other countries put in place are not guaruntees that they will be observed. After all, when money is involved, corporations look to cut corners and look for loopholes (just like the how they exploit the loophole in the IWC ruling that allows for "scientific whaling"). That is not a risk that the international community is willing to take.
IWC can control all amount of whaling by the IWC member.
There is no reason for banning in a single uniform way

Quote:
Whatever the reasons. It's irrelevant. The point is that in the West something was done.
From eyes Japanese, this seems opportunism by western people.