View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
minminRW (Offline)
JF Regular

08-31-2009, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Only because it is severely restricted currently.
It also means Japan hold by restriction.

Quote:
Japan doesn't hunt for research. Japan says that it hunts for research and then sells the meat commercially. The United States does not hunt Bowhead whales. It simply allows Inuit people to hunt them in US waters via traditional means.
Inuit people are US citizens.
Traditional means? Japan have had tradition of eating whale for over 1000 yrs.
Bowhead whale is subject to danger. Minke whale is increasing.
This is the fact.
You are saying as if Commercial is evil, but we are living in free commercial world. Are you communist?

Quote:
The ocean as a whole is an eco system and any act which may endanger it is a concern for all countries who consider the ocean a valuable asset or worth defending.

And the culture argument is not valid. Japanese can hunt whale in their own territorial waters. Just stay off the ocean.
Again, Japan do not act against world consensus.
Research whaling is under control of Japanese gov. and IWC.
And Japanese whaling do not hurt the asset instead of that of US.

Quote:
We can't trust the Japanese to moniter themselves because of the whale hunting lobbyists. Whaling can't be controlled because private corporation can't be trusted.
Your explanation is not fair.
You are saying you can not trust Japan or Japanese people.
I feel sad.

Quote:
I am speaking for myself. You're the one trying to make this a case of Japan versus the West (which is a typical Japanese nationalist perspective.. and something that didn't work out for you guys). Where in fact it's simply whale hunting versus non-whale hunting.
Western people now ruling the world. They are blaming Japanese whaling with no logical reason. You're the real one trying to make this a case of Japan versus the West
If you refer to people supporting whaling as Lobbyist or Nationalist, I must say you are racist.

Quote:
When I ask you to keep things rational, I'm asking you to keep things within the parameters of whale-hunting.
I only answer you. If the discussion is out of certain truck, the reason is your question.

Last edited by minminRW : 08-31-2009 at 03:37 AM.