View Single Post
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-31-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minminRW View Post
It also means Japan hold by restriction.
All countries have an obligation to each other.

Quote:
Inuit people are US citizens.
Traditional means? Japan have had tradition of eating whale for over 1000 yrs.
Bowhead whale is subject to danger. Minke whale is increasing.
This is the fact.
You are saying as if Commercial is evil, but we are living in free commercial world. Are you communist?
If Japanese want to hunt whale traditionally in the same way Inuit people do they should do so in their own territorial waters where they can do whatever they like is what I'm saying. And no I'm not a communist. But I'm aware that when commercial interests and the wellbeing of the environment are at odds, commercial interest often wins out.

I find the tradition argument a bit stupid to be honest. I mean for the Inuit people, whaling is a necessity. Japan is a modern country so it's not really a necessity. Furthermore if Japan was really concerned about tradition it should hunt traditionally. Somehow I don't think they used grenade tipped harpoons and floating factories 1000 years ago.

And I'm aware Inuit people are Americans (Well the ones in Alaska anyway.. The Inuit in Canada are obviously Canadian... and the Inuit in Greenland are Danish)

Quote:
Again, Japan do not act against world consensus.
Research whaling is under control of Japanese gov. and IWC.
And Japanese whaling do not hurt the asset instead of that of US.
I know they don't. But they're exploiting a loophole in the ruling of the consensus. What happens if commercial whale hunting is allowed, but profits are threatened? You can bet that the whalers will be willing to exploit loopholes in whatever system is set up.

Quote:
Your explanation is not fair.
You are saying you can not trust Japan or Japanese people.
I feel sad.
You misunderstand.. I don't trust the Japanese to hunt whale ethically BECAUSE of the whale lobbyists. I also don't trust the Americans to broker a peace agreement in Israel BECAUSE of Jewish lobbyists.

Quote:
Western people now ruling the world. They are blaming Japanese whaling with no logical reason. You're the real one trying to make this a case of Japan versus the West
If you refer to people supporting whaling as Lobbyist or Nationalist, I must say you are racist.
Western people are ruling the world? Japan is a modern country with the second largest economy in the world and a military (which they call "self defence force" ) which is technologically superior to the United Kingdom.

If the West is ruling the world.. then Japan is a Western country.

Anyway, you're the one who brought it up first. I'm willing to drop this line of discussion if you are.

Quote:
I only answer you. If the discussion is out of certain truck, the reason is your question.
Whatever.. let's agree to keep this discussion between rational whaling versus anti whaling arguments and keep national sentiments out of it.