(#30 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
09-02-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
The geography is clearly not the same (sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question, I feel as if I am...) but it is more or less "Earth".

Well, it is going to be different from the original series, or at least, that's what the promotional and set pictures seem to indicate.

Here we go... First of all, Dante Basco does NOT look as young as he used to. There is no way in hell he could pass for a teenager. And yes, simply because there were clearly Asian influences does not mean that it is necessary for an "all asian" cast. If you want to be culturally accurate, why would you cast Katara and Sokka (who appear to be Inuits) as Asians?

And as this series takes place in a fictional world, no one is "Asian" or "Caucasian" (Should I use that word? I heard it was racist) or "African American" or "Inuit". Their skin color is not what drove the viewers to like the characters. You know what? Aang doesn't look Asian to me. But then again, that's my opinion.
They should at least have someone who looks alot like Zuko and has that type of voice to suit him. And I do agree about the Sokka and Katara thing. They do look alot like inuits so it wouldn't be an all asian cast.