View Single Post
(#262 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-08-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
So, in all honesty, people that have read the Qur'an out of their own will, and really wanted to understand without being forced into it will have misinterpretations about the scientific stuff in it, the social stuff, or even the afterlife stuff! No one ever argues about whether it's okay to kill or hurt someone. In the most simplest terms, the Qur'an's main message is to always further your studies and try to be the best at whatever you persue, and to always treat humans and all of god's creations with the utmost respect! If you do these things, you are already a pretty good muslim.
The only thing I see happening here is your word (and perspective) against theirs.

Of course I as a secular humanist would prefer that your interpretation be the one adopted by the many Muslims throughout the world... But at the end of the day your interpretation is just that... another interpretation.

You can continue to fight to convince us that yours is the REAL interpretation and that the others are false... but to people like me... this simply highlights the absurdness of the Islamic religion as a whole and poses the question...

-Why is God not explicit in his message to us mere mortals?

I mean for an all powerful being... he should've foreseen the problems that have arisen since due to misinterpretation as you put it.

Furthermore even if for some reason he did screw it up (which kind of contradicts the all-powerful part of his description...) why did he not release an updated version? (Or perhaps that is what the book of Mormon is hahaha!)