View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-09-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodStone003 View Post
Thanks for all the great info./advice. I am in Japan right now; was in Tokyo for 2 days and then came to Osaka. I already bought the JR Rail Pass for 14 days so I will try to get as much use out of it as possible.

I agree w/ the statement about spending your life on trains; it seems everyone is either walking towards a station or leaving one. The train system is nice but it seems a bit overly complicated; I managed to figure it out after getting lost a few times, hehe.

I will have to definitely check out those places when I return to Tokyo (well Yokahama specifically). I am willing to try most things, but I have been walking around so much my feet are killing me. I will have to check out a hole in the wall one of these days. As far as drinking goes, I am here by myself and I particularly like drinking alone, maybe I can ask a cute Japanese chic to join me . (By the way, anyone have any advice on what I can say to a cute Japanese chic walking on the streets to join me that won^t get me slapped?)

Anyhow, got any advice on where to go in Osaka other than the castle?

Thanks!
Namba and Dotonbori for your nightlife, food and shopping. There is a gian aquarium south around the port area. You can take the Namba train to Awaza, then change to Osakako. The aquarium is within walking distance from Osakako station. Den Den town is like Akiba in Tokyo.

Try taking a side trip to Kobe if you have the time, there isn't much to see (The port area is nice), but food is good