(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-13-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
I'm putting myself on a pretty strict diet for a little while to knock off the pounds I gained when I visited America for a few months. I do pretty well cooking healthily for myself, but when I'm out and I need a snack, where should I turn? Keep in mind I have a VICIOUS sweet tooth, as well.

So what's the deal with calorie mate? It seems like a supplement. Is it good for anything?
I`d avoid it. It`s like a high calorie fortified cookie - it`s designed to give you a burst of energy via high calories in a small package. A single stick is 100kcal... And there are typically 4 small sticks in a box. Definitely not a diet snack.

I would just pay attention to the calories in bread and like. If you`re into artificial sweeteners, there is quite a lot of "diet" or "calorie-off" stuff out there. I have a pretty bad allergic reaction to the two major ones so usually avoid them.

If you really want a snack type bar thing - ぐーぴたっ is my personal favorite. They`re incredibly dense, and a whole box is less than 200kcal. You can manage a good stomach filling snack-meal with tea and half a box of these.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.