View Single Post
(#121 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-15-2009, 10:57 PM

I've read through this whole post and I can tell you have been severely misguided on many, many levels.

I agree with everything MMM has said so far, sleep deprivation can lead to severe depression which leads to suicide in extreme cases. This is something I wouldn't recommend you doing unless a professional Doctor AND a Psychologist was meeting with you keep track of your progress.

Sleep stages are just as important as REM sleep itself, it comes in many stages and little by little the body and brain relax.

The first stage of NREM sleep is just as important as REM sleep, your body relaxes, your blood pressure drops, brain temp decreases, and your heart beat slows down. And as you hit NREM sleep as the night goes on your body slowly wakes itself up naturally by 'restarting' everything slowly.

I've never heard of anyone 'jumping' right into REM sleep unless they have a sleeping disorder and I can only imagine how unhealthy it is. REM sleep is when your body becomes paralyzed, it's almost coma like. This is also when you have nightmares. The longer you skimp out on it the longer you have to stay in REM sleep and the chances are you'll have some freaky a$$ dreams, plus sleep paralysis.

Each stage of sleep takes approximately 30 minutes to complete, unless the person has been deprived then it takes longer. There is no such thing as a required amount of sleep, your body sleeps until its satisfied it varies from person to person.

This seems more like a simple teenage rebellion than a passion, and when you start seeing bugs climbing out of the walls and freak out about the shadow in your closet trying to kill you, you'll learn. Temporary Schizophrenia is beyond terrifying I'm sure. And the long term affects won't be fun to get over either.

Well good luck to you anyway.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey