Thread: Introductions
View Single Post
(#126 (permalink))
Old
Klint (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-23-2009, 09:51 PM

I just spent about 30 minutes typing up a giant text wall of an introduction, but apparently I got signed out so the whole thing was lost...

Anyways, my name is Clinton, and I'm an 18 year old male living on the coast of Massachusetts in the USA. Online I'm relatively out going, but in real life I'm very quiet and withdrawn because of my diagnosis with AS (Asperger Syndrome). AS is a form of High Functioning Autisim. People with AS can be characterised as intelligent, but lack social skills such as the ability to read peoples emotions in their facial expressions and vocal tone. They tend to avoid most people for this reason, as they become anxious and uncomfortable around them. Also, people with AS generally act in patterns, eating the same foods, watching the same shows, going to the same places, etc... While there are not many, and not always true, there are also some physical characteristics/tenancies of AS such as walking with their hands behind their backs, walking the tips of the toes, hand wringing, hypermobility, and increased sensitivity to light/sound. Some fictious characters suspected of having AS include House, L Ryuzaki, and more particuarly Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory, while some real life people with AS are Albert Einstein, George Washington, and Beethoven.

But enough about that. As I suspect is the reason for a lot of people being here, I'm here to learn more about about Japan, Japanese culture, and Japanese society. And so instead of relisting my other interests here, I think I'll just copy and paste a bunch of them I posted on another site... Computers, programming, technology, robotics, virtual reality, augmented reality, time travel, teleportation, cloning, bio-engineering/enhancing, knives, weapons systems, space, anything zombie related, movies, music, video games, etc... So basically, I'm a bit of a nerd. Though I'm glad I don't look so much like one.

Hmmm... Looks like another text wall. I gotta work on that I guess. Anyways, feel free to ask me any questions you might have, AS related or not. Generally speaking, I'm a happy person and I believe people have good intentions, so it's pretty difficult to offend me.

"Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?"