View Single Post
(#386 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-24-2009, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Looking at them together, there's little difference among them. But if "bravery" is seen as an item or state of being, some notable differences can be seen.
Koir, thanks as always.

Quote:
1. "Exhibit bravery" can be viewed as person showing bravery in order to provide an example for other to follow. The person may not have that kind of bravery normally, but is put into a situation where an example must be given.
A father would exhibits bravery in front of his children. Is this right?

Quote:
2. "Display bravery" is a slightly different method than exhibiting bravery. The person can be displaying bravery as more of a show and not as an example. In this way, the person could not be feeling truly brave, but instead making it appear that way. He or she could be very scared, but not show much or any outward signs.
He or she could endure a scare from pride. I see.

Quote:
3. "Demonstrate bravery" is similar in meaning to "exhibit bravery" in the sense that is a more formal way of speaking. The emphasis is more on the example of "bravery" than any internal feelings the person performing the action may have in the situation.
More formal, and unconcerned with the person’s internal feelings. OK.

Thanks again! You are always very helpful.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP