View Single Post
(#23 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-24-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
I am not japanese and I still had serious problems with Last Samurai. The casting of that idiot in the lead was only the beginning - that's a personal dislike of him. I would rather sit through a Kurosawa epic in black & white without subtitles, understanding none of the dialogue than endure that one again.
I haven't seen it nor have considered seeing it because of that.

Quote:
As for Memoirs, I understand both sides of the issue and find it regrettable that a suitable Japanese actress was not found to play such a culturally specific role.
I like Zhang Ziyi, but that pissed me off, because of the differences between the Japanese and Chinese(I fight on an almost daily basis about how they are NOT the same, and I'm Hispanic, yet it still grates my nerves*probably because people think that Puerto Rican and Mexican is the same thing, and I ******* hate that. I'm NOT a Mexican!!!)

Quote:
Anime - well.... there is very little of it I like, but then I am not a pre-teen.
Yeah, I'm not Japanese, but I find that more offensive than MoaG; clearly you have no idea of how many different kinds of manga and anime there is catering to VERY different types of people.