View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-28-2009, 01:45 AM

I hope I can retain my calm. I disagree with listening to whichever relative it was that told you whatever you find disagreeable, because frankly, I don't think your parents were even sperm when this war occurred. Listening to only one person involved in the war is meaningless, because they will almost always naturally say, "Those ******** did this bad thing "

You need to hear what the other side(s)has to say about things, especially because there are people who participated because they were forced to, not because they wanted to. Thinking about that period in time is dwelling on the past, and worst of all, a past YOU weren't a part of. We should acknowledge what happened not to hate each other, but to learn from the mistakes and not repeat them again.

Saying that you hate Japan makes you an ignorant who apparently refuses to give a younger and blameless generation the chance to prove you wrong, and even when they have and you know that they have, you'll just revert to,"Well, look at what they did during the war".

We're not Japanophiles(I hope!); we're people with knowledge and better judgment who break the Mafia cycle of hating and killing each other because of some issue that happened between our grandfathers from the 1800's. Wanting to learn about another culture helps bridge the gaps created by those idiots preceding us and create understanding.