View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
09-29-2009, 02:55 PM

So you changed your mind after your great uncle (who fought the Japanese) told you they were horrible people? Wow, that sounds like a great way to achieve an opinion on things. Of COURSE he learned to hate them - cause he had to.

All countries have their horrible stories. Back in 1800 the Danish farmers were treated horribly by the upper class who put them in stabled, fed them porridge and forced them to work from sunrise til sunset every single day. They'd get beaten, raped and humiliated in any way possible. Now how does that have anything to do with the current population?

So you want everyone ever participating in war punished? Should we take in all American soldiers who fought for their own country and put them to prison because they violated human rights by defending what they believe in?

Claiming that you're betraying your own culture because u were curious about a so much more different country than your own is just stupid. Following interest and curiosity is not ''betrayal'' - it's learning, and if you cannot see that.. I'm amazed you go to university.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast