View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
09-29-2009, 03:08 PM

[quote=Nathan;774300]Ah yes, the CoE. That was what took the longest for me, a couple months from start to finish I believe. I can't remember exactly, its been a while. However, I was also in Canada for the whole process.
[quote]

Yeah, they said at least 1 month, up to 3 months. My landing permit is only 90 days so unless they hustle up this could get expensive

Quote:
If you haven't been already, I'd confer with Nyororin. She'll likely know the direction(s) you should be moving in.
I've talked to her a couple of times about this. (Nyororin, whenever you get beck, if this is priveledged information, just go ahead and delete it ) She went the route of coming in for 90 days at a time, renewing, going back home for a few months, coming back here, rinse and repeat, etc, for I forget how long until she got married (for realsies, not for fakesies) with her current husband. She doesn't know much about the procedures we'd have to go through as teachers or other types of workers to get the kind of visa we want as she went straight into the spousal visa. However, I do know she worked just as hard and went through just as much (if not plenty more) hardship as any of us who are fighting (because it is a fight much of the time) to make a life here in Japan. That said, she certainly can tell you about the kind of attitude you need, and speak volumes of personal strength and dedication.

I've said this on other threads, and I truly do believe it when I say:

Quote:
It depends on how badly you want it.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。