View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-30-2009, 07:51 AM

There are two sides to every story - and we only know one.

It really frustrates me to see some of the leaps people make to defend the non-Japanese parent without knowing anything about the private issues involved. I`ve been involved (translating) in quite a few unpleasant divorce situations and have seen the other side of it... And there are REALLY some horror stories on both sides. There was one that was up around the net about the wife kidnapping the two kids and running back to Japan because she was crazy, etc, etc - posted of course by the father... I ended up translating for the wife (husband pulled an "I can`t understand any Japanese, and demand that you deal with my English only lawyers - despite having spoken Japanese to you for years before this" the minute things got bad) and she had been locked in the house 24/7, wasn`t even allowed to open windows (he had hairs taped across every possible exit) and he`d come home and still accuse her of sleeping with other guys... Then take the kids and be gone for a week at a girlfriend`s house leaving mom locked in the basement with nothing but snacks and water from the den toilet.

She ran, and now is the bad guy while he is the poor father abused by Japanese law.

There are always two sides to every story.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.