View Single Post
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
10-02-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfort View Post
ok i have question. but first i think it's awesome that you went to japan with nothing and are still living there today. its kool. and its a lot like my problem. See I have this goal in 2 and half years I will be graduating high school, and I would like to someone start my life in japan very soon after I graduate. I will have had 4 years of japanese and more counting the books and advanced learning I've done on my own. The problem is I don't want to wait until after college to go. I'm impatent. And looking for a job in japan seems super difficult without any college background. I know there are some jobs that will hire you without college and just start teaching you while your working in the job. but it all seems difficult. but i want it more than anything in my life. So any words of advice for someone like me?
You should just go to college. Pick out a university that does a Japanese language exchange or cultural study type option. You can go to school and maybe in your second or third year, you can do an exchange and go to school in Japan for a semester or an entire school year.

Getting a job in Japan with no extensive work background (I'm assuming, given your age) and no college degree won't get you far at all.