View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
crusniknano (Offline)
New to JF

Question Help with college - 10-04-2009, 05:30 PM

Hello, I am a Japanese language major at my current college but am thinking of attending a Japanese college instead. My current college supports the JET program, and my original plan was to go through that pathway to eventually become an interpreter (yes, I do understand how hard of a field this is to get into and have looked into this option extensively.) On the other hand I was just informed of Temple University Japan a little over a month ago and have learned that they plan on having a Japanese language major available in Fall 2010. This seems like a better choice simply for the fact that I would be attending college in one of the primary languages I would be interpreting for (I am currently learning Chinese, Japanese, and German on top of natively speaking English.) I used to be a member of this forum (DagothUr) and remember how helpful people at this forum can be with tough decisions such as this. So here is my actual question; would it be more benificial for me to attend TUJ and get more experience in Japan, or would it be more helpful to head through the JET program?
Also, if anyone wishes to share information about TUJ or the JET program, personal experience or otherwise, I would be happy to hear of it.

Thanks,
Crusniknano