View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-09-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It's just like people cheering when the US didn't get the Olympics as an "in your face" to Obama without realizing that it was bad for America. That's how much some people hate him. So what you are going to hear is how the prize is a joke, meaningless, etc. to try and diminish its significance.

The correct response when someone wins something as prestigious as the Nobel Peace is "Congratulations." Anything else is sour grapes.
I'm certain that if a recent pass President was to get the nomination a lot of a certain type of people would be pulling there hair out, and making threats. that said even the people who where awaiting to see who won grasped when they announced Obama had won.

Really? What makes you think we cannot criticize the end/beginning of the award process? I could sum up a good number of scenarios where someone who should not get it, would get it. It's pure puzzlement when someone who been in office for less then 2 weeks gets this when there been people who have been fighting for the same goals (a lot longer then) Obama. It's a question that does he deserve it when he was NOT on the national scene for less then 2 weeks. They say it is to "encourage his progression on issues". When does a award go to "in progress"?

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.