View Single Post
(#9 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-09-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It's just like people cheering when the US didn't get the Olympics as an "in your face" to Obama without realizing that it was bad for America. That's how much some people hate him. So what you are going to hear is how the prize is a joke, meaningless, etc. to try and diminish its significance.

The correct response when someone wins something as prestigious as the Nobel Peace is "Congratulations." Anything else is sour grapes.
I'm sorry, but only an Obama fanatic would say something like that... Him winning the prize is a joke because he hasn't actually achieved anything yet. Granted there is a lot of hope and he is working towards a lot of things, but so are other people in the world. A prize this prestigious should be held solely for people that have actually achieved some sort of world changing *can't think of the word*...

To be honest, I think the only thing he's achieved for the world right now is that he's helped change a lot of negative stereotypes abroad concerning Americans... You could call that an achievement I guess

EDIT: before you think I'm attacking you for being an Obama fan, I think you should know that I believe that the many of Nobel Peace Prize winners in the past were a joke as well!

Last edited by noodle : 10-09-2009 at 08:30 PM.