(#108 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
10-11-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Why do you have to ruin what you said with something like that? It really gets to me when people say things like this, as if you're trying to imply that if someone can't do something, then he can't criticize it! The world would be a very silent place if people could not criticize something unless they thought they could do better

I complain, you complain, everyone complains... But the majority of us aren't complaining to say "well, if I was up there, I'd be doing a better job". I complain about Algerian politics non stop, the government is corrupt like almost every African government... However, me not being a lawyer, or a politician, I know that I wouldn't be able to do a better job... BUT, I still complain at things I don't like... Every citizen has a right to complain about their country! Comes with something westerners love to call Freedom of Speech!

Edit: Also, that little paragraph about why they gave Obama the prize is the problem with many people. I think you'll find that the majority of people that are against this prize are attacking this reason, not Obama... It seems people are too sensitive... Maybe the media in the US has been too negative, so Obama supporters assume that everyone that is against anything Obama, is attacking Obama... This is not the case at all! The closest thing I have to being negative towards Obama is the Obama craze! And even that, it's more a problem with his foreign supporters than Obama himself!!
I know they are not attacking Obama well the intelligent ones at least. However some are using this as a spring board to do so. Im not a die hard Obama fan am i fan yes, did i vote for him yes, but i have voted across party lines several times and it doesn't matter than im black. Like i said i honestly thought he was going to decline it.

People have the right to complain we do it in our everyday lives it natural. My final comment was not really meant for all but more for the poster i quoted and those who think like him. They think they have all the answers, they could do this better they say that while putting down someone who you dont have to like but can knowledge as working damn hard to get where he is. I admire Obama's hardwork to get where he is today and where he was before he was president so when i see someone who obviously has not made any contributions to society act like a smartass yea im going to say something. Which is why i asked him what have you done this year to better the world even if its just a little bit. he could have said what he said without being completely disrespectful and way off base.

The attack was not aimed at you or like minded people. But even I understood why he won the prize in the 1 min it took for me to research it. Freedom of Speech damn right i support it, it allows people to say jack ass things and allows me to call them on their bullshit. All this prize did was add to that mans pressure to preform. I actually dont think he wanted but of course he couldnt decline.

i really dont care about the prize that much i want the focus to shift back to fixing the problems that need fixing. So the sooner this dies down the better.