clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-14-2009, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Seriously?

You ask for sources.

I give them.

Then "comments speak louder that a source of one" which is actually a poll of many, where comments on a website are just that: comments on a website, just as this is: comments on a website.

I'll ask only one more time:

If you can prove that the majority of Americans DIDN'T want the Olympics, then DO IT.

If you can prove the majority of Americans DIDN'T want President Obama to fight for the Olympics in America, then DO IT.

If you can prove the majority of Americans are happy the America lost the Olympic bid, then DO IT.
No one can 100% prove it either way was my point. I don't accept the links you posted got in 5 mins as any kind of poll or fact...

The fact that the internet exploded with debate on ALL media sources when he said he was going and up to the point Chicago was out of the running simply shows that it was not a vast majority. It could of been 25 for 25 against 25 don't care %25 undecided.

The fact that you conviently posted that a vast majority of Americans supported the Olympics was my issue. An unbiased news source simply can't post that because there is no way to get that data. The same for me posting a vast majority opposed it. I could say a there was countable opposition to the olympics just from the media explosion.

Don't mean to get anyone worked up over this... just stating that fact seemed a little on the biased side.