View Single Post
(#237 (permalink))
Old
Kakashi (Offline)
おやすみなさい

10-16-2009, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
The atrocities commited against the Native Americans were carried out by people on both ends of the political spectrum, but they were always justified by fundamentalist Christian dogma. Whether the soldiers raping and executing children where fans of big government or not is beside the issue. The core of the atrocities is the early American's inability to view non-Christian non-white people as being anything but souless subhuman organisms, incapable of comprehending the will of the white man's wretched pathetic excuse for a god.
Are you a guy? Oh who cares, I'll mary you either way. Excellent post. You know I was at the fair a couple days ago, very depressing, especially after I came across this history project of George Washington by what sounded like an eight year old. It was basically glorifying his position in the Revolutionary War (btw, I think we should give it another name. People had been rebelling against corrupt governments and monarchs for years, it wasn't exactly an exception to a trend) and as our first president. I was like, wow, have we deemed it so unnecessary for children in our society to feel any pain at all, to the point that we brainwash them and put lies into their heads about "great" people when in fact its the other way around? I mean George Washinton was a dick, he owned slaves and he wanted the Iroquois culture and people not just destroyed but obliterated. I guess we just decided a while ago that history would be based on documents whose components had been twisted and manipulated to the point of no return.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
-Shel Silverstein

"Who told me dragons did not exist,
then led me to their lairs
...one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo's nest."