View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-17-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanxza View Post
Am in grade 9 Studying my IGCSE in Bahrain am planning to go to japan after I finish my IGCSE in grade 10(So i'll be in japan in grade 11),I heard kanji is around 60000+ characters which is going to give me a very hard time to study it all in 1 and a half years,Am currently doing Japanese grammar and some vocabulary.Am going to start taking up courses around jan or feb.About the money am working online and In a few months I might be making around $300+ an hour.Japan is my dream,Especially highschool and college.So..

-Do I need to learn all the kanji before going to japan?
-How much Do I need for living in Tokyo and not pocket money for around 2 years(I will be taking an apartment)
-How can I get to japan and study there,Which exchange program?I live in Bahrain.
-Is Japanese people or schools nice to foreigners?
-How hard is Japanese schools going to be?
-If I can work hard for it,Should I follow my dream?I won't be having much free time for the next 1 and a half years.

-Do I need to learn all the kanji before going to japan?

Most people don't know any kanji. But learning how to speak a bit will be very helpful.

-How much Do I need for living in Tokyo and not pocket money for around 2 years(I will be taking an apartment)

A minor cannot rent an apartment on their own. Talk to your sponsor school, and they should have a homestay, dormitory, or other living arrangements for exchange students.

-How can I get to japan and study there,Which exchange program?I live in Bahrain.

That's kind of your job to figure out. Start searching.

-Is Japanese people or schools nice to foreigners?

Depends on the individual, but I never had a problem. Are people nice to foreigners in Bahrain?

-How hard is Japanese schools going to be?

Japanese immersion will be near impossible if you know no Japanese. Good to start now.

-If I can work hard for it,Should I follow my dream?I won't be having much free time for the next 1 and a half years.

I would probably try and get to Japan after high school, maybe a college exchange or as a job. It is not realistic to think you will be able to graduate from a Japanese high school.