View Single Post
(#469 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

10-31-2009, 01:38 AM

Now, after a week or so of no computer, I can reply properly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
My expression power is too poor… They aren’t gathering power.
Necromancers are fighting each other. They have never cooperated. Monsters seem to be trying to dominate the world too, but nobody knows what their aims. Sometimes, necromancers fight against the monsters in order to disrupt the monsters dominate the world. And of course, right wizards fight against necromancers and monsters.
My translation was:
“necromancers and strange monsters, which came from nowhere, are making ruckus on their own to get power to dominate the whole world,”
I wrote “making ruckus on their own”, and that’s a direct translation. Maybe the author has written like that because the readers know the story and the situation, so the readers would understand what this “ruckus” means.
What should I write for readers who don’t know the situation?
My revision would be:

"necromancers and strange monsters have come out of nowhere, each vying for control of the entire world. They frequently battle each other while doing this, making a ruckus in the process."

Quote:
I think the original author didn’t have planned the story in details. When she started the story, she said she would finish the story at 100th volume. Now, it’s 129th volume, and the story keeps stretching.
There’s no news about who takes over the story. I want to read the ending of the story.
There may not be an end to the story, or an ending that may not satisfy everyone who has taken over writing it or the people reading it.

Quote:
“Dragon Age” doesn’t seem to be published in Japan.
Do you think the author will publish sequels? Is the book bought by many people?
As the book was made to provide backstory for the computer game, it may not be published in Japan. However, if the game is released in Japan in the future, the book would also be translated.

The author is David Gaider, who is the lead writer of the game as well as the "Baldur's Gate" computer game series. If more games are made, he'll be the writer and sequels will be published that way.

Hope that helps, Yuri. Apologies for my absence

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"