(#476 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-05-2009, 01:03 AM

Hi.
Could you correct my English?

"Music : TAKE Heart~Tobitate heiwano hatoyo~ by Yukio Hatoyama"

Yukio Hatoyama is Prime Minister of Japan. He recorded this song in 1988, and released last month. The lyrics is like this; “Take heart. Let’s live together looking forward a better tomorrow, pursuing liberty and peace.”
He often says about spirit of “yuuai”. My English-Japanese dictionary says that “yuuai” means “fraternity”, and an online English-English dictionary says that “fraternairy” means :

1 : a group of people associated or formally organized for a common purpose, interest, or pleasure
2 : the quality or state of being brothers
3 : persons of the same class, profession, character, or tastes

However, the Japanese word “yuuai” doesn’t mean such a group, a quality or persons. The word rather means “friendship and love”. I believe when Mr. Hatoyama says “yuuai”, it also means “Everybody lives at peace”.
His name “Hatoyama” means “pigeon mountain (hato means pigeon, yama means mountain), and a while pigeon is the symbol of peace. So I think his deeper feelings have been feeling he should pursue the world peace having the letter of symbol of peace in his name.

Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Take Heart.jpg (47.4 KB, 56 views)

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP