Thread: Confused
View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Wagamama (Offline)
JF Regular

Confused - 11-07-2009, 07:45 AM

I was just wondering if i were to solo travel to Japan,Would a homestay or 'live-alone' option would be better?i've come across websites like http://homestayinjapan.com/index.html,sure theres plentiful of hosting families but the very fact they'd signed up for this websites gives me the impression they are in it for the dough rather than the experience.Don't misunderstand me,i know fully the cost and inconvenience that entails if host families were to host,and i personally would be more than happy to compensate them with money.But i am not very sure that my desire to get engaged to the community or people when i leave for japan through a homestay family would be rewarding one.On other side of the same coin the 'live-alone' option is also very attractive,there i would have my freedom,no chances of living awkwardly with host families you just don't mix well with etc,On the other hand i cant remember who but someone mentioned on the other thread that solo-traveling could really hit you for example when your done with traveling around and your back in your hotel room alone,with no one to have a conversion with.This made sense to me and boy that will suck lol.So there we go i really cant seem to make a decision here,hopefully someone can point me to the right direction.

P.S:i haven't found a host family yet nor have i had the experience of living with one..i merely speculating about this.

Cheers,Wagamama