Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-11-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
That's new for me.

Going back around six years ago, I landed a job at a Nara "International daycare" and I can tell you that I had no formal qualifications.

The teacher who was leaving, was also an AUssie and he also had no qualifications.

I got the job but pulled out on the frst day of training due to a very aggressive Japanese main carer. She certainly appeared not to be qualified.
Anything with "international" in the name is usually just a glorified English language school. They tend to not even bother registering as a care providing place, and skirt around the rules or flat out break the law by having so many children without proper caretakers.

In other words, I am willing to bet anything that the "International Daycare" was registered as an English language school, and not anywhere near a childcare establishment. You can get a list of registered childcare establishments at your local public office - anything not on that list and you`re taking a risk as you`re having someone illegally care for your child. They tend to skirt it by saying that it`s lessons, etc, and not actually childcare.

But there is the chance that she WAS licensed, which may have been WHY she was aggressive - as it would be her responsibility to make sure those working below her followed protocol, and if something went wrong she would be the one in trouble. With the "uncertified" (not unlicensed) child care facilities, there only has to be one licensed caretaker per so many caretakers. Usually 1 per 3 for children in the preschool range. 1 per 5 I think for elementary school level, and 1 per 2 for infants... If I am recalling correctly.

But any certified preschool or kindergarten REQUIRES their teachers/caretakers to have rigorous training with multiple certifications. If someone thinks it`s okay to put your kid into an English "school" that offers "daycare" on the side, and which is not registered or licensed (or they don`t even bother to check).... Then I truly feel sorry for the kids.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.