View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-20-2009, 03:30 AM

All we can do here is telling you what you will find in any grammar book. To help you better you should tell us what problems you have or provide some examples of most frequent errors you make. As general rule you will have:
か=placed at the end of a phrase indicate a question. It can be found also in the middle of a phrase when you have a question in a reported (direct or indirect) speech.
の=placed at the end of a phrase indicates a question in a non formal phrase. As a particle (and not as genitive) can be found in a middle of a phrase when it shows the subject in a subordinate phrase. Again, placed after a verb it can be used to make a noun out of the verb.
は=marks the topic of the phrase. It can be the one making the action, but it can even be the destination place where the action ends or something which is not partecipating directly in the action. To help you think to は to something translated like "as per". Someone once told me that it includes also a meaning of "at least" referred to the topic.
も=includes what comes before it. Translate it as a "too" or "as well". Used with verbs can even assume the meaning of "even".
が=shows the one carrying out the action, that is the subject. Can also be found as a conjunction with the meaning of "but".
を=indicates the direct object. That means you will have it only with transitive verbs.
に=it shows a place in time or space where an action ends up to.
で=it shows a place in time or space where an action actually takes place.
へ=shows a direction towards you are moving towards or ending up to. In contrast with に I could say へ is more temporary. It doesn't show a final destination.
から=indicates the origin in time or place, the English from. It can also mean because or while, but I don't think they would still be considered particles.
まで=opposite of から, indicates the ending of a time frame or space. The English till or until.
と=company particle which can be translated as "with". It can also be used to mark the ending of a quotation from a directed or indirected reported speech.

But as I said, you need to be more specific in what problems you have.

降り注ぐ雨 マジで冷てぇ
暗闇の中 歩くしかねぇ
everything’s gonna be okay 恐れることねぇ
辛い時こそ胸を張れ

Last edited by chryuop : 11-20-2009 at 03:35 AM.