sushirestaurant (Offline)
New to JF

11-20-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbine View Post
So let me get this straight;

You have never run a restaurant before,
You've never run a sushi restaurant before
You want to open a sushi restaurant, in a busy italian city, one that is especially noted for it's style and taste, presumably on a 'high-street outlet' basis,
And you've come onto the internet for serious business advice?!

Lady, you are in trouble before you even begin! H

Have you got somewhere to open your restaurant? How are you going to find a qualified chef? Have you eaten sushi before? Are you familiar enough with quality sushi to know if your chefs are any good? Have you been to Japan and tried sushi there? How about market research; is there a big enough niche or a big enough demand in Japan to justify opening a japanese restaurant there?

I think the first critical issue you should address is getting some experience managing a restaurant and THEN experience with the art of sushi.
I appreciate your reply. You would agree though that success is sometimes achieved by those who try (after attent research of course)...I have set up a successful fashion firm in only 2 years after working in banking for 12 years and i didnt have any experience in fashion. I am here to get advice and thank god I am getting it from very nice and experienced people. But I also appreciate your comments, even if they are given looking down on me, as they make me stronger. Thanks anyway.
ps: im not a lady, im a guy and I had the luck of eating the best sushi in Tokyo around the world. A