View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-21-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am guessing the sushi you are eating isn't very good.
No, it is.

Quote:
Wasabi is a mustard, like horse radish, and the spiciness is felt more in the nasal passages than the tongue.
Oh I know what wasabi is made of and how it works, isothiocynates. And like I said, I do still eat it on occasion, and I've eaten it a lot with sushi in the past.

Quote:
Chili based spices are felt on the tongue, and to be direct, don't belong in the same building as sushi.
Actually, the capsaicin gets felt everywhere depending on the concentration. That's what defensive pepper spray is based on. Also, if you eat it a lot, you become tolerant to it and don't feel the heat and only get the flavor. It's a one of a kind flavor and in the right amounts blends with the flavor of food, it doesn't drown it. But I guess I'm the only one, don't I feel special!

Quote:
It is as if you are taking diamonds and attaching them to plastic rings. It's a waste.
Well I'm not force feeding anyone, just engaging in unique flavors. Though I'm well aware of how foods are traditionally served and can appreciate many flavors.

Quote:
And I don't know anyone that likes "plain sushi".
I do. At least where I eat. But sushi rice is spiced.

Quote:
A slight dab (not a soaking) of soy sauce and wasabi makes it a complete experience.
Well we each like what we like. I personally don't like any shouyu on sushi.