View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-21-2009, 09:59 PM

Any natural disaster today is blamed on global warming and climate change from CO2 or methane gases / carbon footprint. The latest flooding disaster in England will surely be blamed on it. Where I come from this is called the weather.

The earth is ever changing and we seen from its past and even more so before mankind.

I have no issue at all with recycling and re-use, that is a necessary thing or we will eventually be up to our eyes in trash. No problem with cutting back on unnessary energy use, but not to the extent of running my life.

The US and other large countries of the world could all hope to be like Japan some day as far as how Japan recycles and consumes energy. But as far as transportation energy consuption, it is not possible in many parts of the country because of many factors such as distance and urban sprawl.
In the age of teleconferencing and the ability to work from home with computer equipment, the money saved on keeping and office and the amount of useless transportation burning, and the waisted time, should be looked at. But hey, the government can't tell businesses how to run themselves... yet.

But hypocritcal views from Al Gore and the likes just isn't whats going on. The fact he and the likes are there trying to make a buck and a legacy for themselves.

A clip from CNN:
YouTube - Al Gore ignores eating meat global warming
(Old news but hasn't changed)

Best one: ABC's Good Morning America slams Gore after getting him comfortable (The Full Interview):
Al Gore's Vision of the Future: 'Our Choice' Video
The expression on his face after the Meat eating clip and after the forced chuckle is priceless.

Last edited by clintjm : 11-21-2009 at 10:06 PM.