View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-23-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post

I don't see a problem with reducing fossil fuels to reduce emissions, nor do I have any problems with clean energy. My home in America is powered by solar electricity, I doubt anyone else here has gone to the same expense to make their homes as "green" as mine is. What I don't like is being lied to by government and "scientists" who make up stories in order to scare me into giving them more money and power to fix a problem which doesn't exist.

I'm glad you mentioned this, Sangetsu, I read the article, that's why I referenced it in the "world going blazes in a handbasket" thread.

Quote:

I think the Government would like you to think the world is going to "blazes in a handbasket".

The environment is extremely important, sure. But I think that the data is being exaggerated because of how successful the "green" economy has come.

Fear mongering has been around for a long time -- convince us we're going to get a disease, we buy the vaccine. Convince us the world is ending, we'll buy that new energy efficient washer and dryer.
Biofuels are the future!

Hate to beat the topic to death, but Hemp is the most efficient plant for biofuels. It grows everywhere on Earth except Antarctica and requires no pesticides, herbicides nor chemical fertilizers.