View Single Post
(#45 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-01-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Your comments make you sound as if you are working for the anti discrimination lobby!
They don't pay for me, but when I see discrimination I will say so.

Quote:
I've never personally seen a shop in Japan with a "No foreigner" sign on, but their are plenty over the web.
Information you could have posted two posts ago. You lived in Japan for six years and never saw a "No foreigner" sign. Why didn't you include that in your post?

Quote:
I'm not against discrimination in Japan as far as long as it's not connected to ignorance.

Being called a "Gaijin" and pushed out of a store is hardly anti discrimination.
I was a gaijin the whole time I lived in Japan (and still am), but no one ever needed to push me out of a store. What were you doing that got you kicked out?

Quote:

Like I said, discrimination goes back a long time in Japanese history.
You make it sound like Japanese society is based in discrimination in a way the rest of the world isn't. Again, I think that is misleading for those that don't know better.

Quote:

I worked on an information booklet in English with my American colleague for the Nara prefectural government on discrimination to assist those affected by it.

Are you telling me the Japanese government knowing it as FACT, means that it is not?
It is great that discrimination is being tackled by local prefectural governments. Other countries should be so lucky.

Quote:

Another example is the "Koseki Tohon". It's similar to a family certificate, birth, marriage all included.

I'm sorry if it offends you but it's not I who makes the laws.

here's some information for you to ponder.
Thanks for the Wikipedia paste, but it is not I who is offended at how this island country keeps its census records.