(#48 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-01-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
You were lucky.

Wasn't doding anything. The chap was outback, I said excuse me, he came out, I looked at him and before I could say "Battery", he simply staed his intention and used hand movement.

A VERY old city named Tawaramoto.. I wasn't so offended, I thought it was funny as I could see the lighter side, but never the less, it was discrimination based on who I was.

Yes, discrimination is everywhere.. We have plenty here with the Aboriginals..

The Japanese history thing was incredible when I found out as I had no idea.. It was similar to a cast sytem of India..

But I do believe the japanese "Ainu" STILL feel the pinch..
I wish I could remember the name of the article; sadly I couldn't keep the reader but I read a series of accounts given by minorities living in Japan, such as Koreans and Burakumin, including one guy who wanted to marry his girlfriend and yet hadn't proposed as he was terrified her family would be against it if they found out he was burakumin. Thankfully, I think those accounts were 10 years old or so, and I think thanks to the BLL, things are changing significantly for native minorities in Japan.

The worst racists and stereo-typists are always elderly people though; I used to hear some really bizarre comments from the retirees I coached english conversation.