(#100 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-07-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Why do you think this?

In my country, Thailand, they've cut down almost all of their rainforests. There's literally only a small portion of jungle left here. I'd say that constitutes overpopulation.

Perhaps helping them understand that if they have more than one child, that child will end up living in a world with a very poor standard of living.
Because the worlds population is all over the place. Because we don't really take care of anything, it paints a bad picture overall.

Bashing the west again? Language issue with last post.

Cutting down the rain forest could be done to a number of reasons.

Planet Earth is loaded with room. We could put the world's entire population into the United States. Doing so would make our population density 1,531 people per square mile. That's a far lower population density than what now exists in New York (11,440), Los Angeles (9,126) and Houston (7,512). The entire U.S. population could move to Texas and each family of four would enjoy 2.9 acres of land. If the entire world's population moved to Texas, California, Colorado and Alaska, each family of four would enjoy nine-tenths of an acre of land.

Population Control Nonsense

No that would not work in America because the notion that it does not matter your social status or poor, you CAN MAKE IT. I would even doubt seriously how much that would make it in the a western country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
thank you Tenchu... sure you can fit almost 7 billion people into texas, but could they live there?... no.. each human need a certain amount of land each year to support crops and livestock.. albeit in more industrialized countries this land is usually transcribed to each person by proxy... i.e. business

and that mentality of "oh no one will go for this why try it at all?" is absurd
I addressed that above and the issue is NOT room. Oh we could come up with the plans easily putting it into would take time because we really don't live together or haven't done so on such a massive scale. Oh it could be done though. Leaving the rest of the planet to the natural elements.

The mentality is basic human right. The reason why it would be soundly rejective in America, we have a Constitution that protects against such measures.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.