View Single Post
(#508 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-10-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge10 View Post
My opinion is that i believe that you should have both. A person should have fun and work hard as well. I believe that if you are not having fun, then there is no point in doing it. A person should do what they like. If a person does what they like, naturally that person will start to explore things about what they are doing(karate) and will start working hard because they want to work hard. So that person will naturally become stronger, better, etc. If you are forcing yourself to improve, you are only improving because you feel you have to,not because you want to.
Hi.
You say you should have fun and work hard as well when you learn something, right?
My definition of the word “fun” might be too narrow, but I think I was interested in karate and worked hard. I think it was not fun.

The gist of my post is that the Japanese students had never said they wanted to fight against the betters, and no one had gotten discouraged. Only the English man said he wanted to fight between beginners, and his words were surprising to me. These are just the facts.

Quote:
If a beginner took on an advanced player, a person can get really discouraged or use that loss as motivation to try to get better. I can't blame anyone for getting discouraged. Losses get to some people really bad. I think that a beginner should play an advanced player only in moderation. A beginner learns from an advanced player while fighting, but a beginner can also learn from a different beginner how to fight.
Sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean.
I haven’t blamed anyone.
I just wanted to say that Japanese culture seems to be very different from English’s.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP