Old
duo797 (Offline)
異議あり!

Send a message via AIM to duo797
12-10-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi.
You say you should have fun and work hard as well when you learn something, right?
My definition of the word “fun” might be too narrow, but I think I was interested in karate and worked hard. I think it was not fun.
I think that you can be interested in something but not think it is fun, too. For example, I find Calculus to be very interesting, but I do not think it is fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean.
I haven’t blamed anyone.
I just wanted to say that Japanese culture seems to be very different from English’s.
When he says 'I wouldn't blame anyone', he means 'I would understand'. "That class sounds hard! I wouldn't blame you if you want quit!" could also be understood as "That class sounds hard! I would understand if you want to quit". You might also say it if you agree with how someone acted. I think that might be a bit confusing, so I'll make an example conversation:

Duo:Hey, why didn't you go to class this morning?
Friend: I've only gotten 4 hours of sleep over the last three days. I decided to skip class and sleep in.
Duo: Oh, I don't blame you (for sleeping in). I probably would've done the same.

Hope that helps