View Single Post
(#510 (permalink))
Old
jorge10 (Offline)
JF Regular

12-10-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duo797 View Post
When he says 'I wouldn't blame anyone', he means 'I would understand'. "That class sounds hard! I wouldn't blame you if you want quit!" could also be understood as "That class sounds hard! I would understand if you want to quit". You might also say it if you agree with how someone acted. I think that might be a bit confusing, so I'll make an example conversation:

Duo:Hey, why didn't you go to class this morning?
Friend: I've only gotten 4 hours of sleep over the last three days. I decided to skip class and sleep in.
Duo: Oh, I don't blame you (for sleeping in). I probably would've done the same.

Hope that helps
Thanks for clarifying for me. ^_^

"The gist of my post is that the Japanese students had never said they wanted to fight against the betters, and no one had gotten discouraged. Only the English man said he wanted to fight between beginners, and his words were surprising to me. These are just the facts"

I (now) realize that I did go off topic and I misread your post. What I was trying to convey in my post was to give my opinion on the karate system and where Fun/passion should tie with hard work. As for the English man's opinion, I think it's good to get to see things from a different person's view-point.