Thread: sport!!
View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
03-31-2007, 06:10 AM

Ayaaah! The DON is here! Shiver her timbers! *Grabs cloud sword and runs away with an evil smile*

Well "carroms" is a board game where you have a "carrom board" *D-uh* which basically is square and has 4 pockets in 4 corners. You have two sets of round, 1cm thick coins: black and white ones *nothing to do with yin-yang*. There are infact nine of each type. And there is one red coin *My precious!*... The board has a smooth surface and is usually laden with "boric powder" or some other friction reducing powder. Each player takes a side of the square and plays one turn at a time. Chances usually move in a clockwise direction (although this is not mandatory). Each player has a bigger round, 1cm thick coin called the "striker" which they use to hit either the black or white coins into the board... Any attempt to pocket the red MUST be followed by pocketing a coin of your colour immediately after. If such a move should prove unsuccessful, the RED comes right back onto the board and is up for grabs... Overall you can think about it as playing pool on a much smaller board, while sitting down, having only 4 pockets and using round flat coins and strikers instead of using solids/stripes and a q-ball...

Speaking of which, keeping up with the mood of the thread again, I play pool pretty well too!

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?